A Substance Abuse Specialist is a clinician who evaluates employees who have violated a workplace drug and/or alcohol policy.
As a specialist your function is to support the employer workplace. By performing a face-to-face evaluation and recommending appropriate education/treatment, follow-up tests and aftercare, you are supporting the process that facilitates the employee’s compliance to their company’s drug and alcohol policy.
To qualify as a substance abuse specialist provider for SRS, you must meet one of the following licensing requirements:
- Licensed Physician (Doctor of Medicine or Osteopathy)
- Licensed or certified Psychologist
- Licensed or certified Social Worker
- Licensed or certified Marriage and Family Therapist
- Licensed or certified Employee Assistance Professional
- Licensed or certified Drug and Alcohol Counselor
- Licensed Professional Counselor
In order to perform non-mandated evaluations you must be knowledgeable about and have clinical experience in the diagnosis and treatment of alcohol and controlled substance related disorders.
If you are interested in joining SRS’ network, please complete our provider application form or contact a Recruitment Coordinator at 888-720-7277 X11. Upon receipt of the completed package and verification of all credentials, SRS will begin referring clients in your area in need of SAP evaluations.